Dr Yi-Min Wan
Dr. Yi-Min Wan is a Clinical Research Fellow to Professor K Ray Chaudhuri. She is currently working on her PhD project titled: “Psychosis and Apathy in Parkinson’s Disease: A Holistic Approach” in a unique collaboration between King’s College London and Singapore, being a recipient of the Singapore National Medical Research Council (NMRC) Research Training Fellowship Award 2017.
A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in UK since 2012, she is a consultant psychiatrist in Singapore, and has completed a Masters of Clinical Investigation from the National University of Singapore, on a Ministry of Health Healthcare Research Scholarship in July 2016. Her clinical and research interests are primarily in the area of Neuropsychiatry, particularly with regards to the neuropsychiatric aspects of Movement Disorders.
A 2015 recipient of the “Young Asian Psychiatrist” Award by the World Congress of Asian Psychiatry (WCAP), she has done both poster and oral presentations at international arenas. She is the author of several articles in peer-reviewed journals.
She is an active member of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (IPMDS), the British Neuropsychiatry Association (BNPA), and the American Neuropsychiatry Association (ANPA). She was also one of the members of the Singapore Clinical Practice Guidelines for Anxiety Committee from 2013 until 2015.
- MD (Ireland)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- MMedPsych (Singapore)
- MCI (Singapore)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Non-motor symptoms
- Movement disorders
- Clinical Trials (commercial and non-commercial)
- Research studies
- EW Lim, D Aarsland, D Ffytche, YM Wan, RN Taddei, DJ van Wamelen, EK Tan, KR Chaudhuri, & Kings Parcog group MDS Nonmotor study group. Amyloid-β and Parkinson’s disease. 2018 Oct 19 (Accepted/In press) In: Journal of Neurology.
- Creese B, Albertyn CP, Dworkin S, Thomas RS, Wan YM, Ballard C. Executive function but not episodic memory decline associated with visual hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease. J Neuropsychol. 2018 Jul 23.[Epub ahead of print]
- Mueller C, Rajkumar AP, Wan YM, Velayudhan L, Ffytche D, Chaudhuri KR, Aarsland D. Assessment and Management of Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease. CNS Drugs. 2018 Jul; 32(7):621-635.
- Tan SM, Wan YM. Pramipexole in the treatment of REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder : A Critical Review. Psychiatry Research. 2016 September 30; 243: 365-372.
- Lim L, Chan HN, Chew PH, Ho C, Kwek SK, Lee TS, Loh P, Lum A, Tan YH, Wan YM, Woo M, Yap HL. Ministry of Health Clinical Practice Guidelines: Anxiety Disorders. Singapore Med J. 2015 Jun; 56(6): 310–316.
- Lim L, Wan YM. Jikoshu-Kyofu in Singapore. Australas Psychiatry. 2015 Mar 30. Vol 23(3) 300–30.
- Kinson RM, Guo S, Wan YM, Manning V, Teoh HC, Wong KE. Burden of blood transmitted infections in substance users admitted for inpatient treatment in Singapore and the associated factors. Singapore Med J 2014;1-15.
- Wan YM, Ting SK, Lo YL, Lee TS. Infection, the caudate, and movement disorder. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2013 Dec; 47(12):1206-7.
- Wan YM, Khare CB. Chemotherapy-induced pseudobulbar affect: a novel case. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2013 Oct 1; 25(4).